Saluting Qimpro’s Torchbearers of Quality for 2018
Qimpro Awards recognize individuals for Excellence in Quality. The awards were established in 1990.
The Qimpro Platinum Standard recognizes Statesmen with national and international footprints in Quality.
The Qimpro Gold Standard recognizes Leaders who have integrated Quality into their strategic plans.
The four Panels of Judges 2018 were chaired by:
Business: Nandan Nilekani, Former Chairman, UIDAI; and Qimpro Platinum Standard 2017
Education: Dr M Anandakrishnan, Former Vice-Chancellor, Anna University; and Qimpro Platinum Standard 2017
Healthcare: Dr Samuel Mathew Kalarickal, Cardiologist, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai; and Qimpro Platinum Standard 2017
Environment: Hemendra Kothari, Chairman, DSP Blackrock; and Qimpro Medal 2016
The individuals selected for recognition in 2018 are:
QIMPRO PLATINUM STANDARD
- Business -Dr K Radhakrishnan, Former Chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Education – Prof Y K Bhushan, Senior Advisor & Campus Head, IBS Business School
- Healthcare – Dr Mammen Chandy, Director & Head, Tata Medical Centre, Kolkata
- Environment – Bittu Sahgal, Founding Editor, Sanctuary Asia
QIMPRO GOLD STANDARD
- Education – Dr (Mrs) Pankaj Mittal, Additional Secretary, University Grants Commission; Former Vice – Chancellor, BPS Women University
- Healthcare – Dr Sunil Kaul, Founder & Managing Trustee, The ANT – Action North-East Trust
This year, a Legacy award has been introduced. The QIMPRO GREEN LEGACY AWARD is for Green Practices adopted by a Family over multiple generations.
The QIMPRO GREEN LEGACY AWARD 2018 is being presented to The Godrej Family. Well deserved.