Suresh Lulla established Qimpro Consultants Pvt. Ltd. in 1987 as a focused quality management consultancy based on The Juran Trilogy: quality planning, quality control, and quality improvement. Since inception, Qimpro has saved Indian corporates over Rs 20,000 crores in terms of cost of poor quality, using the Juran methodologies.
In 1989, Mr Lulla established Qimpro Convention as a culmination of a quality improvement competition for the QualTech Prize. Currently, there are two parallel competitions – improvement and innovation in the manufacturing, services, and healthcare sectors.
Areas of Specialization
- Problem Solving
- Process Excellence
- Performance Excellence
- Benchmarking Best Practices
- Mr Lulla has authored ‘World-Class Quality: An Executive Handbook’ published by Tata McGraw-Hill (2003).
- Digital Tools
- In 2011, Mr Lulla developed a digital tool, BestPrax Barometer, for Harvesting Best Practices in an organization. The feedback report highlights the Best Practices and the Weak Practices. This serves to grow Best Practices to innovative Next Practices through Creativity Labs; and to migrate Weak Practices to Best Practices through Cross-industry Benchmarking
- In 2015, Mr Lulla developed a digital course, Problem Solving Pro. The USP of this course is a case study – The Case of the Late Patient – that runs across the sessions. It is in a ‘comic book’ format.
- In 2018, Mr Lulla developed a digital course, Performance Excellence Pro. The USP of this course is that it is Quality Fables driven.
- Quality Fables
- In 2014, Mr Lulla released Quality Fables. Unlike Aesop’s Fables, these 25 fables are not based on fiction and/or animals. They are based on real experiences and involve real people. Each is a short narrative making a significant point.
- In 2015, Mr Lulla added Quality Fables 2. An additional set of 25 fables
- In 2017, Mr Lulla added Quality Fables 3. Another 25 fables, taking the total to 75 published Quality Fables
- In 2004, Mr Lulla was awarded the IMC Juran Centennial Medal for his pioneering contribution to quality practices in India.
- In 2005, Mr Lulla was awarded the Distinguished Alumnus Award by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in recognition of his outstanding achievements in Quality Management Consultancy.
- In 2006, the Institute of Management Consultants of India conferred on Mr Lulla the award of Fellow Member.
- Chairman, IMC Quality Awards Committee – IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award; IMC Juran Medal
- Executive Mentor, Emerging Quality Leaders Program, American Society for Quality
- Director – Membership Retention and Engagement, Global Benchmarking Network
- Founder & Mentor, Qimpro Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Founder & Managing Trustee, Qimpro Foundation
- Founder & Director, BestPrax Club Pvt. Ltd.
- Trustee, Quantum Trustee Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Independent Director, Tata Value Homes Ltd.
- Independent Director, TRIL Infopark Ltd.