A distinguished alumnus of IIT Bombay, Suresh Lulla has made a mark through his work in the ﬁeld of Quality.
He is a veteran professional with over 50 years of experience as a management consultant, keynote speaker, trainer, author, and storyteller.
Mr Lulla was mentored by Dr J M Juran, ‘the father of Quality’, who, along with Mahatma Gandhi and Shri Ramkrishna Bajaj form the trinity of his role models. He jokes that one thing he has in common with them is a bald head.
In 1987, Mr Lulla founded Qimpro Consultants Pvt. Ltd. – India’s ﬁrst focused Quality Management consulting ﬁrm – based on The Juran Trilogy: Quality Planning, Quality Control, and Quality Improvement. Since inception, Qimpro has served reputed Indian Business Houses, MNCs, SMEs, and Hospitals. Collectively, these clients have saved in excess of INR 25,000 crore as a by-product of Quality Improvement; using the Juran methodologies.
In 2000, Mr Lulla founded Qimpro Foundation to recognize Statesmen (Qimpro Platinum Standard) and Leaders (Qimpro Gold Standard) for individual excellence in business, education, and healthcare. The other objectives of Qimpro Foundation are to improve the quality of education and healthcare in India, through formal and non-formal training.
In 2007, Mr Lulla founded BestPrax Club Pvt. Ltd. as the exclusive Indian member of the Global Benchmarking Network, established by Dr Robert Camp.
Areas of Specialization
- Process Excellence
- Performance Excellence
- Benchmarking for Best Practices
- Mr Lulla was invited as Consultant for the third anniversary issue of Business Today, January 1995, dedicated to ‘The Quality Revolution’.
- He was on the Board of Editors for the book, ‘A History of Managing for Quality’, J M Juran, Editor-in-Chief, ASQC Quality Press (1995).
- In 2000, Mr Lulla co-authored Quality Council of Indiana’s Primer and Solution Text for Certified Quality Improvement Associate, with Bill Wortman and other quality professionals.
- Mr Lulla has authored ‘World-Class Quality: An Executive Handbook’ published by Tata McGraw-Hill (2003).
- In 2011, Mr Lulla contributed a chapter on ‘Measuring Trust and Sustainability’ in Teaching Ethics published by Centre for Business and Public Sector Ethics, Cambridge.
- Mr Lulla has authored 75 Quality Fables™ – short narratives with crisp business lessons – based on his experiences with clients since 1972. Three volumes of 25 Quality Fables each are available through Qimpro Bookstore. He is in the process of writing the final 25 fables.
- Qimpro Awards – To recognize Quality Statesmen (Qimpro Platinum Standard) and Quality Leaders (Qimpro Gold Standard) for individual excellence in business, education, and
- QualTech Prize – To recognize Team Excellence through QualTech® Prize—an established Process Improvement, Process Innovation, and Green Breakthroughs platform for middle managers, across industry.
- Quality Fables Competition – To recognize individuals / teams who translate their Quality Improvement Project or Performance Excellence Facilitation experience into interesting crisp stories…Quality Fables. Storytelling is a key skill for tomorrow’s professional world.
- BestPrax Barometer – A digital tool to harvest Best Practices in an organization on its journey to Performance Excellence. The feedback report highlights the Best Practices and the Weak Practices.
- Problem Solving Pro – A digital tool to teach a structured methodology for Problem Solving. This is a critical skill for the New Age. The by-product of solving chronic problems is a significant
reduction in Cost Of Poor Quality (COPQ).
- Qimpro Certified Qualitist – To formalize Quality Management and Performance Excellence related education and experience of quality professionals, into a formal Qualitist qualification. Qualitists are the key for accelerating ‘Make in India’.
- IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award – On behalf of the IMC RBNQA Trust, designed a Performance Excellence model, and the associated Examiners’ Training.
- In 2004, Mr Lulla was awarded the IMC Juran Centennial Medal for his pioneering contribution to quality practices in India.
- In 2005, Mr Lulla was awarded the Distinguished Alumnus Award by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in recognition of his outstanding achievements in Quality Management Consultancy.
- In 2006, the Institute of Management Consultants of India conferred on Mr Lulla the award of Fellow Member.
- In 2016, Mr Lulla was felicitated with a Special Award on Teachers’ Day from Higher Education Forum for his contribution to education through Quality Initiatives.
- Mr Lulla holds a B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay and a MS in Industrial Engineering from Wayne State University, Detroit.
- He is a Certified Management Consultant from the Institute of Management Consultants of India.
- Chairman, IMC Quality Awards Committee – IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award; IMC Juran Medal, since inception in 1995.
- Director – Membership Retention and Engagement, Global Benchmarking Network, since 2008.
- Founder & Chairman, Qimpro Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Founder & Managing Trustee, Qimpro Foundation
- Founder & Director, BestPrax Club Pvt. Ltd.
- Director, Equitymaster Agora Research Pvt. Ltd.
- Director, Common Sense Living Pvt. Ltd.
- Director, Quantum Information Services Pvt. Ltd.