WORLD-CLASS QUALITY: SPREAD
So far we have covered three terrains on the road to world-class quality:
The fourth geographical terrain is Spread the pilot experience for attaining world-class quality. By now, an organization would have typically spent one to two years deciding on a new course of action, preparing for the change, starting the process with a few Bellwether projects and building the infrastructure.
The action points for senior managers are:
- Replicate the Bellwether experience at all units. This includes setting up a WCQ Council at each unit; conducting quality improvement projects; building the WCQ infrastructure.
- In time, expand the number of quality improvement projects at each unit
- Expand the team training to include additional methodologies
- Organize and participate in in professional qualitist certification programmes
- Personally train teams on creativity tools
- Communicate team performance results
- Communicate measurement yardsticks to be used in the future
Check if the Quality Leadership Compass is pointing to the vision. Quality Capsule #021
- World-Class Quality: An Executive Handbook by Suresh Lulla.
- Copyright 2003: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited.
- Problem Solving Pro
- D-I-Y Self-assessment for Performance Excellence
- Turbocharging for Performance Excellence
- Thinking Left & Right
- Professional Qualitist Certifications (QCI Primers & ST)